HOW TO USE TURBODECODER ® HU92 BMW E SERIE
Good to know:
Turbo-decoder BMW hu92 elements:
- key profile – dedicated toopen and decode door or ignition locks fo BMW 2000-2013. Those locks are used on all models of BMW vehicles up to 2013 plus Mini Cooper,some Land Rovers and RRouce’s
- sliding pins – they open, they give you the lock code!
- pin bar – used for insert and extract the Turbo instrument in and out of the lock
- tension wheel – to aply tension during the opening procedure
- pin bar activator – that wheel activate the mouvement of the pin bars to insert and extract the tool
- turbo wheel – when rotate it to the left thepin holders move up and the pins slide respect of the lock code
Beffore to proceed with the opening procedure please:
clean the lock with WD40 to remove all durty stuff wich can block the mouvement of the discks / wafers /
ensure that you have to deal with the HU92 lock profile keyway
ensure that the lock is original not china made replica!! Ask the vehicle owner if the lock have been canged in the past…
Lock orientation – usaly HU92 locks have right side orientation but we have discovered also left orientated ones. For this reason we supply one TESTER KEY for check the lock , it mechanical status and its orientation.
Insert the tester key – It must go in smoothly and when it goes all the way in the lock please look at it METAL PART RED POINT. If the red point touch the lock face mean that your tester key is correctly inserted . NOW look at what direction is the red plastic head point. Can be right or left. Remember that – its a lock orientation and you will need to know what is..
If the metal part red point stay away from the lock face when the tester is fully inserted – No info , just extract it , reverce and insert again. Now you know:
- lock model and lock orientation
- lock key profile
- lock status
Opening procedure of HU92
Insert the tool by follow the lock orientation discovered by your tester key.
To insert it please keep the tool on the ring of your pin actrivatior wheel. Your pump wheel must be rotated al to the right direction!
Fit the decoder all the way into the lock. Now pull back only the pin activator wheel. When its done you will see stop sectors / 4 3 2 1 or 3 2 1 / depend of the tool version you have. Now apply LEFT tension rorating force on the tension wheel and keep it. Rotate the turbo wheel to the left till it line come to the first stop sector. Stop your rotation and go all the way to the right. Release the rotation tension. You have to repeat those steps up to 10 times and any time stop the turbo wheel to point 1.
If after your 10 pumps the lock is not opened increase the turbo wheel rotation till it line point to number 2. Again – left tesnion, rotate pump wheel to stop point 2, go back to the right then release the tension.
When do that 10 times if no opening – go to stop point 3 for 10 more pumps and the lock should be open!
If your objective was to open – you are done but if you want to decode that lock there is few more steps to do.
turno the lock to the left or rigt – no matter, keep it in rotation and do one final pimp to stop point 4 or 3 / last to the left /. Jiggle the tool by follow the plane your key blade. The discks transfer their precise code to the sliding turbodecoder pins. Now extract the tool from the lock. Attention – estraction is important so please follow the steps.
- turn the lock in neutral position
- rotate the turbo wheel all to the left
- push forward the pin activator wheel and ensure that it is pushed all the way.
- then and only then extract the turbo decoder from the lock!
To read the lock code:
once the tool is out of the lock – pull the pin activator wheel so you can see the pins, rotate the turbo wheel to stop point 3 or 4 and only then you can start the code reading.
That lock has 8 discks. Each disck can have cut 1, 2, 3 or 4. First pin is that one closest to the tension wheel. write its code , second pin is on the other side of your tool.. write it down, continue till the last pin… to be clear please take a look at hext photo: the code of that is 13242123. To cut a mechanical key insert those numbers in your CNC locksmith cutting machine.
To reset your pins for next lock opening:
- rotate the turbo weel to stop point 1, pull back the pin activators so your pins become visible.
- use HU92 engraved reset tool. Inject it under the pin as it shown on the photo.
- Press the pin till it stop. That is.
- Repeat the same with all pins and please keep an finger under the key blade to avoid bendings during the pin pushing.
Remember – the pins slide easy so not need to apply strong pushing!
turbodecoder hu92 video instructions